Just a simple post, with numbers that surprised me
131 substantial pieces of clothing. ie can be worn in public.
28 pairs of ‘bottoms’
3 pairs of shorts
11 pants (trousers)
14 inner layers – singlets, seldom worn alone
13 long sleeved t shirts for under prickly jumpers
26 outer layers – cardigans and jumpers
31 short sleeves or 3/4 sleeved or button down shirts/tops
22 work out clothes so only acceptable in certain public 😉
19 ‘house clothes’ – PJs, dressing gowns, not suitable for public consumption
19 pairs of shoes (including slippers and
flip flops thongs)
17 bras (of which 3 are for work outs)
11 pairs of stockings
9 handbags (!)
And a diminishing but far too high count on knickers and socks. But they don’t make a full load, and so I’ll always try to keep them in oversupply.
Decluttered since blogging? 13 tops + 8 bottoms +4 dresses + 10 ‘intimates’ +8 accessories = 42 items down.
Grand total: 249 less the smalls.
Rest assured I continue to ‘re-clutter’ and once I get a chance, I’ll photograph the 7 new items I bought this weekend, all second hand 😀 Interestingly, this latest rationalisation has resulted in me get a pair of pants ‘slimmed’ so the leg isn’t identical to another pair. I’ll also get rid of two tops after copying their style, and stealing the ‘old’ embellishments. Do I *need* anything? Well, since clothing can be a need, I’d put the following on a ‘I’d like’ list
- durable flats – either Melissa jellies in a ballet flat or something similar
- Camper heels – cause they are a small heel, closed toe, usually well made, rubber sole and heel. Price a little high though
- white jacket – not critical, especially since picking up a white cardigan on the weekend, which is a better weight in summer for an outer layer
- grey coat – to replace one I have in my collection which was cheap and looks it.
- teal jacket/coat – the cheap one I had was removed from my collection I’d swoon over velvet (although I have a navy and black velvet jacket already), but silk would probably be OTT
- lime scarf – I love all things lime right now!
- flat black boots with a durable sole and a nice toe, not too pointy or too rounded
- LuLuLemon brand 3/4 yoga pants – there is no fabric as long lasting as theirs