I find those youtube channels so vulgar, where they buy all the fast fashion and can hardly remember why they bought what they did.
However, I had my own version, just at Red Cross Paddington. (If you ever come to Sydney readers, this is the BEST op shop, or thrift store. They curate the best stuff, but the neighbourhood is pretty posh, so it’s win win). Yesterday, in the effort to walk home whilst BF gymmed, I went shopping.
For $111, I bought:
- a knotted aqua and blue note style necklace out of some fine wire? $10
- a black flowy cardigan, with a ripple like appearance, edged with a brass zipper $18
- a knit Country Road cardigan with 3/4 sleeves in grey cotton, missing one button of 4, so marked down to $10
- a thickly black and white striped shell top, in a neoprene like fabric $18
- a silky button up shirt with a thin black and white stripe. True fabric unknown, so may be winter only $18
- Banana Republic black work trousers. Button up on me, but a touch tight. Same size as my other BR pants, so didn’t hesitate $22
- soft blue with white spot gauzey scarf $15
So yeah, now I feel like my wardrobe is ‘interesting’ again, and all without anything ‘new’. Oh I did use my languishing Westfield voucher on a simple gold necklace with a knot. That voucher has been lingering since March, and started at $50 and is now a little under $30. Super non-consumer (or forgetful user?!)
Not the be outdone, the BF spent the better part of $500 this morning on a suit. Overall, a stellar deal – first it was on sale, second it was the best of what he saw, but the clincher? TWO pairs of trousers… And this boy I live with, man does he feel the heat, so a second pair of pants for a suit and still a competitive price (so he thinks), is a steal! I learnt all about suits, and his and my preferences. We both like the slits to be at the sides, not in the middle. And today’s ‘blue’ isn’t really all that – navy was far nicer. And a fabric with some inherent details, like a self strip, over a flat or ‘shiny’ look suit. Two days, and it’ll be all tailored and ready for his shin-dig later in the week.
Back to me – if you’re lucky, I’ll wear 2-3 new items tomorrow, a get a photo retrospectively posted… Or not. We’ll see 😉 (I have worn both cardigans already, so that’s a stellar start!)
I feel great about my haul, less great about my dressing room appearances… but clothes hide my faults. And chocolate makes it seem worth it!
What piece of clothing did you last buy? Have you worn it yet?