The BF astutely said last night ‘the time she used to spend blogging is now spent on Pinterest’. I was BIG into pininterest (that’s how I used to say it) before I moved out on my own, and then I slowed down in the intervening 2+ years. But I’ve been sucked back into the vortex lately!
For my readers, who are diligent readers, you might like this Buzzfeed summary of reading spaces (found through Pinterest). I like the ones with nature incorporated, like this one:
I spend a lot of time on the ‘Home Decor’ category, though recently got inspired by capsule wardrobes for European holidays (seems that’s where all pinners are headed), and then into work outfits/wardrobes. Then there’s all the ‘Craft and DIY’ activities. I’ve also got a great collection of innovative wrapping gift ideas – not that I do poorly with my limited stash of supplies now. I try to avoid food and recipes – there’s WAY too much super yummy, but ultimately unhealthy, sweets out there!
And I can’t go past a numbered list – ways to declutter, ways to get more space, organise your home, save more money, ultimate hacks etc. Whilst I can pour hours into browsing and pinning, I’ve discovered a few truths
- I have enough space to store everything, therefore
- I don’t need any more furniture
- I don’t even need double duty/multipurpose furniture or devices
- My home’s not at all cluttered – I don’t need 10 ways to clear the kitchen bench, I just need to wash up and put it away!
- I have a relatively limited palette for clothing, both pinning, but also in my wardrobe, and they correlate
- To save money, I need to really one
- buy less ‘junk’ food – take away coffees, sugary snacks or cheese and garlic naans
In summary, there is little I’m wanting or seeking. I am more mindlessly browsing for one more ‘ah ha’ moment. They do happen.
Here’s a few I’ve ‘done’ or enacted lately (but I’ll give you the pins!):
Yet to attempt
Aren’t we always searching for something? I’m just a little less sure the answer is on pinterest!
Do you enjoy pinning? Do you even use pinterest – if so, why, but also if not, why?