*Published in 2019, but back dated to be ‘year end’ summary*
In line with the 2013 summary I published, I thought I’d take the time to review each year since I was at school, as a record of my life. Things get hazy as time goes on, and it’s not going to get any better as I age! So here we go!
- My parents live in Toulon, France from Sept 2012 to Jan 2013
- I visited my parents in Toulon, but we met in Marrakesh and visited Casablanca too, in Oct/Nov 2012
- Visited Duabi alone, shopping up a storm and going hot air ballooning over the desert
- I flew business class on Emirate from Paris to Dubai to Sydney at my cost on an A380 and a 777
- I started dating “The BF” at the start of October 2012
- Prior to “the BF”, this was my year of dating! A good friend spent a lot of time awkwardly setting me up!
- Memories of brunches with Mr DIY and his GF
- My first year living the apartment I bought (the loft), having settled on 22 Dec 2011
- I equipped a whole home with living furniture – sofas, kitchen stuff etc
- Hosted a Thai birthday banquet for myself at the new house
- Recarpeted the upstairs in the early days, meaning I lived in my living room when I moved in!
- Had the loft painted (un)professionally
- Updated the tapware (thanks Aldi!)