There’s nothing I enjoy more than some photos collages, and doing outfits ensures I pack enough. And I can easily get up and get dressed.
If you’re bored (already) can play ‘spot the repeat picture’ :p
These don’t include the ‘plane’ outfit.
The plane will introduce jeans, a cotton sweater, a scarf, my trench… and some level of short and/or long sleeved shirt/s. And canvas slip on runners (often called Rabens here, which is a brand, though mine aren’t).
Oh and I threw in my white linen pants, cause it might be too hot for jeans, but in need of trousers?
Doing this helped me cut a long skirt I was planning to pack (nothing went with it, and I didn’t want to add what did).
I also culled a pale blue blouse, as it was too similar to the linen one I’ve pictured. I photographed it!? I also had a baggy navy and white striped jumper, but it was likely to class with other stripes, and in reality, isn’t warm when I might need it to be. I also had a blue and white kaftan top, that I stole from mum years ago. It’d be great for a beachy holiday, but this, not as much.
What’s not pictured, but packed in my yellow carry on suitcase:
- countless pairs of knickers
- two bras (will wear the third)
- leather slip on sandals
- one book (the inside of the cover used to hide our modem!)
- a duffle bag for ‘more’
What else, you asked? (you didn’t… my mistake!)
A lot of this I already carry around daily in my handbag! What’s missing, and will need to be packed on the morning:
- untinted lip balm (my handbag one has gone AWOL, so will use the bedside one on the trip)
- phone & charger
- snacks?! I did buy museli bars a week ago. They are eaten hmmm I don’t want a third grocery store visit in three days, maybe I’ll make snack buying a cultural experience.
- current reading book
Things I’m up in the air about
- Should I go buy white canvas runners (mine are black), they are $4 from Kmart, and undoubtedly slave labour?
- Should I take my running shoes (and socks, and perhaps an outfit for running) – even if I just wear the running shoes for day to day? I won’t wear them with jeans on the plane, so I’ll have to pack them, and they are bulky?
- Do I need more reading material? This might be an intense ‘tour’ with lots of talking, and little idle reading time.
- Is taking a library book wise (I love liberating book space for other stuff!)?
- Should I pack an umbrella – I often put it in the front pocket of my suitcase, and a few times, it’s saved me on arrival.
Now, I leave first thing Saturday morning, so tomorrow (Friday) night I need to
- take out recycling (I’ve always been the rubbish person in this household, so best to leave with everything empty)
- take the last of the compost to the community bin
- empty bedroom rubbish bin (and weigh!)
That’s it – for now! You may answer some or none of my questions, or ask your own!