Hello loyal readers, so kind of you to drop by to see the weekly photograph of my bag of trash, and oh and ah and the weight for yet another week! Despite the gingerbread house making, the weight is low. I craftily donated the
calories excess lollies from decorating it to my lovely friend Christmas elf, though the bags I did end up with will go to the supermarket packaging recycling efforts.
How’s this week? Like the biggest loser, I got a low weight, then I shifted the bag and got a higher weight, and one more shift and I ended up with the weighty total of 129g. (To think I could have deceived you with a 89g misweighed bag this week). That’s the lowest it’s been since October, when I had a partial weigh in due to the holiday (97g).
I’m pretty pleased with the weight, but here’s what took me to this number
- foam meat tray – those aren’t recyclable in our area. Funny, I didn’t know they still existed, the BF did the shopping and got it
- plastic Christmas card box – alas, I’ve found plastic free normal greeting cards, but not so for the Christmas cards (which are radically cheaper on a cost per card basis than any other cards)
- ice cream wrappers – it’s been hot hot hot here, and on Sunday we splurged $9 for two magnums from the corner store
- Mars Bar wrapper – I think the BF’s stopped reading these recently, so I’ll confess to my Monday weakness
- cupcake wrapper – probably compostable, but I don’t know. Oh, and that was Monday too. Tough day, evidently… or the long work earnt me more calories?
- receipts & movie tickets – I’m not sure if the movie tickets are plastic coated, but to be sure.
I wonder how long until we don’t need actual movie vouchers (and the pretty little folder)? I mean, you can board a plane, I hear, without any paper documents, just your mobile phone.
Where can one buy Mars Bars in bulk? I did not just think that, promise! What chocolate bar do you wish was available in unpackaged bulk?