I’d like to be (inspired by you Dar)
– a zero waste (landfill) home. But I eat large single serve cookies from the vending machine when I’m hungry. And buy the half cabbage wrapped in cling wrap (cause a whole cabbage is a whole lot of cabbage for one little lady!)
– sugar free. Ever been hungry and walked into a cafe? It’s SO hard to find a savoury snack! And then your sweet chili sauce of course also has sugar in it, but I don’t do ‘chili’ really, so I can’t substitute. This is mainly a weight management strategy (and an exercise avoidance tactic!)
– wheat free. Again, ever been hungry and tried to find something that is neither sugary nor wheat-y? Potato chips for the win. Likewise corn chips. Fruit salad. But that vending machine just haunted me. (let me be clear, I’m not celiac (heck I can’t spell it!) but I do try to keep my intake low to lessen my psoriasis)
– lactose free. I’m trying to limit lactose for the same reasons as wheat. And I heard about the plight of cows, always birthing and boy cows dying. But really, sometimes I am weak in the face of cheese.
– freecycler. If only people would take my stuff! (at least the most recent stuff – I need a good home for oodles of bubble wrap). I stopped reading the posts so I could be more of the below:
– anti consumer. But I really wanted a teal throw rug for summer as the winter one is itchy. And if I waited 10,000 years I may find one in a second hand store, but then I’d need to not work and spend time thumbing through stores and checking ebay and gumtree
– minimalist. No stuff for stuff’s sake. Alas, I have trinkets from travellers, and whilst i could part with them (no emotional heart strings), I don’t want my home to be TOO sterile! Concrete floors are more than a good start down that path!
– public transport user. I’m SO reluctant to get a car, cause I know it’d be easier than choosing to walk or to catch a train or a bus. But that work car often finds itself dropping off or picking up within walking distance of places (home and work namely!)
– debt free. I only have my mortgage, and pay of any credit card debt weekly. But still NO debt, wow that’d be awesome!
– make-from-scratch’er/no packaged food. I can cook, but sometimes laziness comes to stay and she orders packaged garlic bread – complete with the icky plastic baggy! And a rice cracker is so much easier than making or finding a recipe for a gluten free, sugar free snack!
– recycler. I am, and I couldn’t be otherwise. But today my take away coffee cup went in landfill, even though the lid and (clean) cardboard cup could be recycled (if I’d washed them well enough and kept them til I found the bin I needed). I should have used my ‘keep cup’.
It’s not ‘all that I am’ but ‘all that I’m almost’…