Things I’m looking forward to
- meeting new people
- learning a whole new industry
- feel my work is emotionally meaningful
What I’m a little apprehensive about
- wearing a uniform again! Will it look good? Will it suit me?
- tiredness – being unemployed has allowed me to slow down when I need to. Eight hour of work doesn’t provide as much flexibility
- thinking I’ll be emotionally resilient – and finding I’m not!
Going into this, I’m trying to consider some strategies. Here’s what I’ve come up with
- death is a natural part of life – even if it’s too soon or impossible to consider life without someone
- pain and suffering ends for the person when they die, and transfers to other people. Keeping that the person is at peace is going to be helpful.
- it’s an event – a big and important event – like a wedding. People have high expectations. And likely a sense of being ‘ripped off’. Keep those competing ideas in mind.
Let’s see how it goes!