Gosh, Goldilocks seemed like a picky so and so. And oh so similar to me. But I’m not talking about my porridge (though it is my daily breakfast!)
Here’s my ‘just right’ issue – I’m either bored or I’m swamped with activities. Finding my just right is taking 28 years and counting!
Here’s what I have:
- greeting parishoners – once per 2 months
- counting the collection plate – once per 2 months
- doing the church flowers – once a month (recently resigned)
- teaching Sunday school – once a month during term times
- refreshment roster – once per 2 months
Weekdays after work:
- parish council meeting – once a month
- visit my parents – once per week
- ad hoc church meeting – advent initiative – thrice this month!
- water polo training – once per week (starting this week)
- water polo game – once per week (starting in a few weeks)
- running – at least three times week (ideally! Not happening!)
- meeting non work mentor – once per month
- meeting work mentor – once per six weeks
- hair cut or trim – once every three weeks
- 2 hours at the co-op – ideally weekly, but not happening at all at the moment.
Ad hoc activities
- Doctor visits
- Leg waxing or pedicure
And all this is before hen’s nights, weddings, birthday dinners and all those other wonderful social events. Oh and dates!
And don’t forget, blogging and working a full 40 hours!
So I might sign out for a day or two whilst I work out what the heck I can rationalise from all of this. If you’d like to nominate the weakest link, totally let me know. I won’t be offended, I’ll look at my silly justifications and eventually the penny will drop!