Turn away – it’s the rubbish post again!
And it’s a good week at 248g (last week was 1.071kg)
What’s in there?
- meat tray – pork mince
- choc chip packet
- sticking back and toner strip (?) from Dymo labeller
- fabric from the sofa’s underside – undoubtedly plastic/synthetic!
- moisturiser – out of date – I’ve wasted the parts, but the contents didn’t seem to suit the compost/Bokashi
- sliced cheese packet – may be able to be recycled with the plastic recycling at the grocery store, but seeing I wasn’t sure
- vacuum dust – when there’s glass etc, I prefer not to compost it
- scrubby bit from a dish sponge – it came away from the sponge
- plastic measuring cup handle – it snapped off 🙁
- foil lined bag – from some ‘kit’ food, can’t recall what exactly
- baking paper too soiled for reuse
- plastic bags from Clive Palmers election materials, and other such junk mail
Where I could improve
- get the meat from the butcher
- find metal measuring cups at a thrift store
- burn that baking paper!
- move away from kit food – I did make my own taco seasoning for Monday!
- stop breaking light globes, so the vacium lint is all compostable!
I’m pretty happy with this tally. I didn’t take this trash out – there’s room in that bag for another (good) week. Progress!