First time here? This list started in Feb 2013, and has been a work in progress since – adding items as often as completing items.
This was updated in Jan 2014, to include more details 🙂 I periodically update this, most recently late March 2016! Feb 2017, where I’d done 26 from 65 listed… though a good 10 or so were recently added.
Thanks to Danny Dover, I have a longer bucket list! I won’t set a deadline though! And the list isn’t in a priority order either.
1. Visit every continent (Completed: Australia, Asia, Europe, Middle East – need South America & Antarctica)
2. See Machu Picchu (to think my brother just did this Jan 2014!)
3. See Aurora Borealis (maybe in an igloo?)
Visit tulip fields in The Netherlands
5. Go to the super bowl
6. See Carnival in Rio de Janeiro (could do it with the bro in 2014, but alas, I realise I don’t love crowds and big parties, so maybe another time)
7. Go to Burning Man, Black Rock desert, Nevada USA
8. Go to (the original) Mardi Gras in New Orleans
9. Visit The Maldives
Visit Russia – see the St. Basil’s Cathedral in Red Square, the Bronze horseman, the summer and winter palace Aug 2016
11. Visit Serbia/Croatia/
Bosnia/Romania – sail in Croatia, see where Romanian gymnasts train, visit Sarajevo, Split, Dubrovnik, Belgrade Aug 2016
12. Visit Mauritius
13. Visit Ethiopia – the birthplace of my cousin/god daughter
14. Visit Oradour-sur-Glane, France – a town annihilated by Germans by torching – May 2017
15. Spend Christmas or Thanksgiving in the US
Vietnam/Cambodia Oct 2013
17. Visit Scandinavia (no more exact than that yet!) – likely Norway to see friends, definitely go to Iceland (2016 addition)
18. Fly FIRST class – maybe Emirates where I can shower?
19. Stay in Igloo Village – and see the Northern lights
20. Stay in a tree house
21. Live in NYC
Ride the bullet train in Japan Jul 2014
Visit San Francisco – see the Golden Gate Bridge Jan 2015
Activities (that aren’t location specific)
Go zorbing (all the blue things are on my 12 in 2 list!) Apr 2015
Get hypnotised (ideally to solve a bad habit!) done 2015/16
Ride a segway planned Aug 2016
27. Drive on a race track
28. Go on a ‘big boat’ style cruise (maybe in retirement)
Fly on a trapeze June 2015
30. Swim with dolphins in NATURE (not in Dubai…:s)
31. Watch a movie at a drive in (if they still exist!)
Go jet skiing (on the 12 in 2 list) Dec 2013 and I saw dolphins
33. Get my palm read/fortune told
Make a gingerbread house Dec 2013
35. Get body painted for an event
Go cave diving <- went canyoning and walked in caves in March 2016
37. Be part of a flash mob (thanks Moonwave for the tip!)
Complete a half marathon July 2014
39. Learn the name and location of all the countries in Africa
40. Own a cello for purely decorative purposes (though I do know how to play, as does my bf..)
Own a luxury European vehicle (BMW, Audi or Mercedes)
42. Write my will
43. Prepay and plan my funeral
44. Learn to surf Jan 2015 wouldn’t say I ‘learnt’ but ‘tried’
45. Build a bonfire and make S’mores
Pay for someone else’s groceries (I LOVE this one, thanks www.lifed.com) Jun 2013
47. Go to a silent retreat
Go white water rafting – real rapids, not the ones we built in Sydney for the Olympics
49. Join the MHC
50. Get married (before the children)
51. Have children (thinking 3, BF thinks 2, so compromise is 2 unless 2 the same gender, or twins)
Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge June 2014
Newer items (Jan 2014)
Visit Portland, Oregon – 2015 go to the donut place, eat at places mentioned here, shop and eat here.
Go zipling – 2015 did it in Phuket
Go stand up paddle boarding
55. Pay off my mortgage
56. Fully fund my retirement
57. A home with a passionfruit vine, a frangipani tree, a magnolia grandiflora… and a vegie patch.
Reiki massage 2015
59. Try kite surfing
Try a pilates reformer
Try barre body classes (ballet with yoga/exercise) Jan 2016
Zero Gravity yoga 2015
Go floating 2015
Hot stone massage 2015
Go gliding June 2016
Remember, not in any priority order 😉
11 Replies to “Bucket list”
Cool list! I would love to ride a segway. Funny you should mention learning the African map; I memorized the names and locations of the countries in South America earlier this year.
Of course you did! Though there are less (my bro aims to visit them all next year). It was once a new years resolution, but evidently I failed! I have a vague idea of where things are, but still not 100% known. Looking forward to reading your latest post (I'm busy tracking some work stuff, the nerdiness is so exciting!)
I think somewhere along the way, I read a first-hand survivor's account from Oradour-sur-Glane – gives me goose-bumps right now thinking about it. Have you seen "Bondi flash mob flip" on YouTube? Makes me smile each and every time…SO Syndney! (happy memories)
I read something about Oradour-sur-Glane, so that's how it's made it on the list. It's actually not that easy to get to from the south of France where I last was. I'll need to youTube that clip, I don't think I've seen it!
I'd love to do a flashmob, especially one where they were singing the Hallelujah Chorus – they're some of the best ones. The dancing ones are really the best though since I can't dance I'm not likely to every really attempt one of them. 🙂 There are flashmob discussion boards where people list what they're organising, I think – I came across something like that once when I was thinking about it but there were none happening near me at the time. It was pretty easy to find by just googling flashmob and the name of the town I was in, though.
Thanks for the tip Moonwaves, I hadn't really thought about the 'how' with the flash mob, so I appreciate the heads up! I'll start googling
What a great list! 🙂 You've inspired me to add some things to my bucket list. I also see you picked some to focus on for this year, so I'm off to read those posts.
Happy to help Amanda – it helps to pick a few for 'now' to get the good things done. It's a long way til retirement, which is when I think some people leave the good things til.
Wonderful to see you are making great progress! You rock!
Thanks Danny – must see how you’re going!