I have til 19th Feb 2015 to meet my 12 goals for two years. Given I turn 30 on the 30th Jan, it’s a nice way to leave my 20s.
How am I going?
The eating out? Done like a dinner (boom tish!)
Dinner at Quay – done in January for my birthday. They have the menu online so you can all ooo and ahhh
Dinner at Aria – next birthday seems like a good idea!
3. Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb – the darling BF gifted a voucher for this on my 29th birthday. I’ve waited til winter, when the cooler weather is usually ‘clearer’ (with those harsh winter winds… which blew in yesterday!). Alas, I’m booked for THIS Friday, my day off a month 😀
5. Go Zorbing – this is no longer offered in Australia. And the locations aren’t exactly ‘nearby’.
6. Visit Lexi in NZ – Lexi stopped living in NZ, silly billy. She got into Medicine in Sydney, so it wasn’t for naught, however, it makes going to NZ less of a driver. The BF was recently asked if he’d like to work there, so that’s something. Perhaps I should endeavour to get to Coffs Harbour to see another friend before my time is up.
Do a knife skills course – for cooking of course
8. Learn to surf. Regular readers might remember I planned to do this when we got back from the Cairns holiday? Instead, we got back on a plane, and went to visit the BF’s family in Adelaide. Then it got cold (I got wimpy?). There’s time this summer though!
9. Read the new testament – thought I’d down grade from ‘whole bible’. Alas, I’ve gone ‘whole bible’ and let me assure you, the old testament can be dull at times! I’m on track to have this whipped by October, so time to spare if I get ‘behind’. The train rides to work are dedicated bible reading time.
10. Go on a silent retreat – I relegated this to after the next goal, as many won’t let you do any exercise whilst you’re there. I’m terrified to do a 10 day course (and that IS a lot of time). But then all the propaganda says three days isn’t the ‘real deal’. Your thoughts?
11. Run a half marathon – (Update 1) My, my! My personal best, two weeks out, is 12.5kms. The physio is not sure my body will make it! So I’m a little scared. I aim to finish, ideally around 2hrs 20mins, which is on par with my usual speed or pace.
12. Plan and prepay my funeral – I have the cash, but I’m unsure. I want something that’s ‘easy’ in it’s release in my death, which funeral insurance isn’t. That’s just a con, and you’re forever paying premiums. I could get a funeral bond, but again, I don’t think it’ll be liberated in time for a funeral. I wonder if a will is a document that could outline all my wishes. Then there’s the question of a ‘family’ funeral home, or a chain? No matter, a pre bought funeral is held in trust, so I don’t have to worry about the money sinking with a business specifically.
So to sum up, I have to
- turn up at 12.15pm on this Friday to meet goal 3.
- get my backside across the finish line on Sunday 6th April to meet goal 11.
- keep read, read, reading (mindful that two weeks in Japan won’t come with much bible-age) to meet 9
- make bookings for 6, 8, 10 and 12
- settle for 11 goals, and one beyond my reach
Right, to the calendar to start planning dates!